My folks are from Italy, PA then moved to Bayonne and Jersey City - I have a mix of urban and suburban life in my growing up years. When Mom and Dad moved to Clark, in the early 1960's, most of this side of town was old farms, apple orchards and dirt roads. I've lived here on Valley Road all my life. I've seen so much come and go. Clark is a great town to grow up.
IMAGINE - CREATE - EXPLORE
Art has always been a part of my life. I began coloring and drawing in the early 1970s and attended charcoal drawing classes. I developed an interest in animation and music which pushed my imagination further. In the early 1980s I discovered computers creating digital art and transferring them to video dubbed to music. Awarded in 1985 class artist my senior year of high school. I also worked as arts and crafts counselor at Featherbed Lane day camp for two summers.
I started using the camera in my teens and I continue to enjoy photography. It has become a valuable tool for me as I build my personal image reference library. I have acquired thousands of slides, prints and digital images for future artwork. In my photos I present interesting aspects from the most basic, common, ordinary subjects generally taken for granted. I see form, composition and texture. Understanding this information, I re-interpret the subject to create something new, hopefully different and interesting.
I attended duCret School of Arts post High School where studies included fine art, photography, illustration, ceramics, color theory, airbrush, graphic design, watercolor, pastel and drawing. In my spare time I pursue various freelance/commission projects and visit galleries while traveling. I enjoy meeting creative people and learning about what they do. Additional studies include private lessons for traditional methods and attending open studio life drawing classes at various art guilds and workshops.
PHOTOGRAPHY / ARTWORK
CLIENTS / BUSINESS and PUBLICATION INCLUDE :
- Photos published 2012 Brookdale Collage
- Muscular Dystrophy Association The Jerry Lewis Telethon 2007- 2011
- Muscular Dystrophy Association NASDAQ Closing Ceremonies 2010
- The Wag Band Album Cover Returning Traveler 2010
- Muscular Dystrophy Association A Taste Down Under, Australian and New Zealand Foods Silent Auction
- 2009 Planned Parenthood Association Self Esteem Builder Program Individual Portraits 2009
- Muscular Dystrophy Association Celebrity Muscle Team Silent Auction 2007 - 2009
- NJ Great Destinations Book Publication photo published w/credit 2008
- Monmouth High School theater A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FOURM 2008
- Ruth Hyman Jewish Community Center - theater OLIVER TWIST 2008
- Muscular Dystrophy Association Wings Over Wall Street fund raiser 2008
- Planned Parenthood Fall Festival fund raiser 2008
- Planned Parenthood Rutgers Education Day 2007 - 2008
- Trinity BioTech product photography for catalogs and publications 2006
- West Side Harlem School video and DVD production A Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. 2006
- Band Of Gold Productions promotional work 2005 -2010
- Music by Pulse Productions promotional work 2005 -2007
My goal is to create quality, enjoyable work. I am primarily self-taught and my work is growing as I expand my skills and knowledge further. I notice details everywhere. My senses are always being challenged as I am constantly exploring different possibilities to achieve my goals, follow my dreams in continuing to be creative for many years into the future.