Clark Public Library
If you're looking for free entertainment and solid resources, the Clark Library has plenty to offer. The building, overhauled in 2006, and is packed to the gills with a collection of more than 98,500 books, CDs, DVDs, audiobooks, downloadable e-books, reference materials and more. The multi-windowed space is a sunny, well-lit spot for reading and encourages lingering. Several weekly programs make the library a hub for activity, including three weekly movies (one with popcorn included), story time, programs for kids, computer classes, book discussion groups, regular lectures and more.
The library also offers several online databases and resources, including one that features test prep and a job aggregator. The library's four full-time librarians answer an extensive amount of research questions each year (18,400 in 2009), especially questions regarding health. The multimedia room, study rooms, children's room and computer lab are available for rental.
Director Patty Anderson says if you don't have a library card yet, you need to get one or you're missing out.
- Fax: 732-388-7866
- Hours: Mon, Tue, Thu, 9:30am - 9pm; Wed, Fri, Sat, 9:30am - 5pm; Sun (September through June), 1pm - 5pm.
- Handicap Accessible: There is a ramp at the back entrance.
- Founding Date: November 1, 1961
- Parking: Free lot
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Size of collection: 92,240
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Internet use policy: Patrons are allowed one hour, though they can renew for another hour if no one is waiting.
- Programs/classes: Movies, story time, programs for kids, computer classes, book discussion groups, regular lectures
- Book donation information: The library accepts two bags of donations per person.
- Private events: Yes