Garwood Council will meet for its last meeting of 2012 on Dec. 11 at 7 p.m. in Borough Hall.
Tuesday's agenda is as follows:
1) NEW JERSEY STATE LEAGUE OF MUNICIPALITIES –
- a. Mayor’s Fax Advisory –
- i. 11/27/12, RE: S-2 Shared Services Bill Threatens to Penalize Taxpayers, Recent Amendments Weaken Management Reforms
- ii. 11/27/12, I. League Files Supreme Court Amicus Brief on Verizon v Hopewell II. Two New Local Finance Board Rule Proposals III. CTA Credits Added: Hurricane Sandy Aftermath Part 1
- iii. 11/29/12, RE: Conference Call Invitation - Nov. 29th
- iv. 11/29/12, RE: Shared Services Bill Threatens to Penalize Taxpayers
- v. 11/24/12, RE: I. Senate Voting Record on S-2 Concerning Shared Services II. Opposition to Concurrence with Governor's Conditional Veto of A-3096
- vi. 11/24/12, RE: I. & II. Upcoming League Seminars
- vii. 12/06/12, RE: I. Assistance in Contacting Municipal Vendors II. A-3317 & S-2114 Prohibits Municipal Registration of Multi-Family Dwellings (3 or more)
- viii. 12/06/12, RE: Upcoming League Seminar
- ix. 12/06/12, RE:
2) COMCAST –
- a. 12/14/12, RE: Service Center Hours & New Toll Free Number.
3) BRUCE PATERSON – 12/06/12, RE: Letter from Bruce Paterson concerning County Taxes.
4) TOWNSHIP OF CRANFORD – 12/04/12, RE: Ordinance 2012-29 & 2012-34.
Public Hearing on Ordinance 12-18, as advertised in the Westfield Leader on November 29, 2012,
Municipal Clerk to read by Ordinance 12-18 title only:
ORDINANCE NO. 12-18
AN ORDINANCE FIXING SALARIES AND WAGES OF CERTAIN OFFICIALS AND EMPLOYEES OF THE BOROUGH OF GARWOOD, IN THE COUNTY OF UNION, STATE OF NEW JERSEY.
List correspondence concerning Ordinance 12-18
Does anyone present wish to be heard concerning Ordinance 12-18
Motion to close Public Hearing on Ordinance 12-18
Motion to adopt Ordinance 12-18. Roll Call.
POLICE: Councilman Hak, Chr.
PUBLIC HEALTH: Councilwoman Todisco
STREETS AND ROADS/ECOLOGY: Councilman Hak , Chr.
FIRE: Councilman Petruzzelli, Chr.
FINANCE: Councilwoman Todisco, Chr.
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS: Councilman DeFilippo, Chr.
LAWS AND LICENSES: Council President Sluka, Chr.
RECREATION: Councilman Petruzzelli, Chr.
COMMITTEE ON AGING: Councilman Hak
LIBRARY, MAYOR’S REPRESENTATIVE: Councilman Mathieu
SCHOOL BOARD LIAISON: Council President Sluka
TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE:
CELEBRATION OF PUBLIC EVENTS AND HOLIDAYS LIAISON:
UNION COUNTY AIR TRAFFIC NOISE ADVISORY BOARD REPRESENTATIVE:
ATHLETIC FIELD COMPLEX PROJECT COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVE:
Chief of Police Bruce Underhill: monthly report for November 2012
Municipal Tax Collector Aggie Kurzweil: monthly report for November 2012
Municipal Court Administrator Martha Marino: monthly report for November 2012
HEARING OF CITIZENS WHO WISH TO ADDRESS THE
MAYOR AND COUNCIL:
(Adoption upon Roll Call)
12-314 Acknowledging Council President Sluka
12-315 Acknowledging Councilman Hak
12-316 Acknowledging Fire Chief Wayne Frew
12-317 Authorizing Tax Settlement Agreement
12-318 Authorizing renewal agreement with UNUM for 2013
12-319 Awarding the 2013 Insurance Package to Willis Group
12-320 Appointing Willis of NJ Risk Management Consultant
12-321 Requesting Approval for Authorization of Special Emergency Appropriation to Fund Extraordinary Expenses Related to Hurricane Sandy
12-322 Authorizing the Municipal Clerk/Administrator to sign annual maintenance agreement with Quality Service Associates
12-323 Authorizing Budget Transfers
12-324 Canceling obsolete grant balances
RESOLUTIONS DELETED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA:
12-325 Authorizing to implement Ordinance 12-10 – Police Salaries
12-326 Authorizing to implement Ordinance 12-17 – Salary Chief of Police
12-327 Authorizing to implement Ordinance 12-18 – Non Union Salaries
Any new business the Mayor and Council may have:
PAYMENT OF CLAIMS:
BE IT RESOLVED that the following claims as approved be and the same are hereby ordered paid when properly signed and verified; and the payment of payrolls as listed is hereby confirmed and ratified.
The Re-organization Meeting of the Mayor and Council will be held on, WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 2, 2013, in Council Chambers at 6:00 p.m.
Have a Merry Christmas
Happy New Year!