.

Residents, Dog Escape Lefferts Lane House Fire in Clark

The resident woke to what he described as a crackling sound and found the fire in his kitchen at about 4 a.m.

An early morning fire Thursday woke residents of a home on Lefferts Lane in Clark and was quickly put out by the Clark Fire Department. 

According to Clark Fire Chief TJ McDonald, all occupants of the home escaped safely after one woke to what he described as a crackling sound and found the fire at about 4 a.m. 

McDonald said Clark crews, with help from a Rahway engine, extinguished the fire in about 25 minutes, and the kitchen and first floor of the home suffered significant damage.

"There was a lot of fire when we got there but the guys were very aggressive and we were able to get it under control quickly," McDonald told Patch.

The residents could not find their dog when they evacuated, but the fire department located the dog in the basement of the home after the blaze was under control and brought him out. He appeared to be fine, McDonald told Patch.

Mike30 December 17, 2013 at 02:40 PM
Good save! Dosent Clark have 2 fire stations?? What was Rahway just joyriding and wanted to see what's up lol.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »