Last week, we decided if we couldn't beat the heat, maybe having a sense of humor about it would help.
"It's so hot out that ______"
Your responses cracked us up and made picking a favorite difficult. But after a highly scientific voting process where all the Union County Patch editors weighed in, we came to a concensus.
Drum roll, please: And the winner is....
"It's so hot that the chickens are laying hard-boiled eggs!"
...from the very clever, Karen L. Enners Amaral, who's won a $15 gift card. Congrats, Karen!
Our other top picks were:
- Helaine Cedeno: "It's so hot today, my tomato plants are now marinara sauce!"
- Carmen F. Brocato Sr.: "It was so hot out that North Korea test launched a long range Popsicle."
- John Passuth: "The corn in my garden started to pop."
- Keith M. Gallagher: "It's so hot out that I saw a dog chasing a cat, and they were walking."
- Celia: "That my pool had tanlines!!!!"
Enjoy the other entries below:
- Andrew Timoni: "It's so hot out today, I might climb into the freezers at Dairy Queen for a nap!"
- Kyle Goins: "It's so hot out today, the birds are flying north towards the winter."
- Salvatore Piarulli: "I just stuck my head into the oven to cool off.
- Carol Lombardo Todd: "It's so hot, my toes are curling up."
- Rich Meta Kromphold: "It's so hot today, that when hell raises in 2012 we will be fine."
- Carmen F. Brocato Sr.: "It was so hot today, I saw a funeral procession pull into a Dairy Queen."
- Susan Schuchard: "My nail polish is bubbling."
- Denise Bartkus: "I am wishing hell would freeze over!"
- Kathleen Irslinger: "My flip flops melted and stuck to the driveway!"
- Ryan Beastyballer Bjellquist-Ledger: "I danced around the house that the heat index had gone down to 105!"
- Pete: "The weather is 95 and hazy ..kind of like John McCain.
- Pete: "It was so hot today that Dick Cheney waterboarded himself."
- Jenn Dubroski: "It's so hot today, I had to lay off my BBQ."
- Sarah Scott: "It's so hot out today, that my dog turned into a hotdog!"
- Sarah Scott: "It's so hot out today, that my white shirt even got sunburned."
- B. Paterson: "It's so hot today, Dominos is sending out raw pizza for delivery and it's cooked when it gets there."