Invite a friend
The International Film Festival - Springfield Library
The International Film Festival continues at the Springfield Free Public Library on Thursday, July 5, 2012. The library will screen FIRST GRADER at 1 pm and 7 pm. This film is based on a true story of an 84 year-old Kenyan villager and ex Mau Mau freedom fighter who fight for the right to attend school for the first time and get the education he could never afford. This film is 103min and rated PG13.
Funding for the film program has been made possible in part by the NJ State Council on the Arts, Department of State, a partner agency of the National Endowment for the Arts, through a grant administered by the Union County Office of Cultural and Heritage Affairs and by the Friends of the Springfield Free Public Library.
Admission is free and refreshments are served. Assisted listening devices are available upon request. The Springfield Free Public Library is located at 66 Mountain Avenue, Springfield, NJ 07081. 973-376-4930. www.sfplnj.org. All are welcome.
More About Springfield Free Public Library
The Springfield Free Public Library offers reference books, fiction and non-fiction books, books on tape, magazines, periodicals, online resources, various adult and children's classes and more. The single floor library is broken down into the main library, a multi-purpose room, a video and music rental area, two small quiet rooms, a youth room and a small art museum.
While the library was established in 1931 by the Springfield parent-teacher association, the present-day building the library occupies was erected in 1969.
Other events here
- Let's Play Chess April 29, 2013 / May 6, 2013 / May 13, 2013 / May 20, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Mother Goose Group at the Library May 3, 2013 / May 7, 2013 / May 11, 2013 / May 14, 2013 / May 21, 2013 / May 25, 2013 / May 29, 2013, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Wii games at the library Weekly on Wednesdays, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Chair Yoga with Pamela Nixon Weekly on Fridays, 12:30 pm–1:30 pm
- Storycraft at the Library Weekly on Fridays, 4:00 pm–4:30 pm
- Lunchtime Film Series Tue, May 28, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Yoga Storytime May 10, 2013 / May 17, 2013 / May 31, 2013, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- 23-year-old Springfield Native To Talk About College Admissions at the Springfield Public Library Mon, Jun 10, 7:00 pm
- Renewed Church Monthly, 1:30 pm–4:00 pm
- New Traveling Exhibition Tells the Story of Abraham Lincoln’s Struggle to Meet the Constitutional Challenges of the Civil War Daily,