Invite a friend
Pirate School at Clark Public Library
The Clark Library is hosting Pirate School! This event will take place this evening at 7 p.m. and allows kids to live the dream of the roving swashbuckler in a joyful, non-violent fashion. During the show the bumbling pirate professor Billy Bones, played by David Engel, teaches youngsters how to be good pirates with zany lessons on how to stand, talk, sing and laugh like jaunty Buccaneers. Children are encouraged to come in costume! Registration is required and this program is for children ages 4 and older. For more information and to register, visit www2.youseemore.com/ClarkPL or call 732-388-5999. All are welcome.
More About Clark Public Library
If you're looking for free entertainment and solid resources, the Clark Library has plenty to offer. The building, overhauled in 2006, and is packed to the gills with a collection of more than 98,500 books, CDs, DVDs, audiobooks, downloadable e-books, reference materials and more. The multi-windowed space is a sunny, well-lit spot for reading and encourages lingering. Several weekly programs make the library a hub for activity, including three weekly movies (one with popcorn included), story time, programs for kids, computer classes, book discussion groups, regular lectures and more.
The library also offers several online databases and resources, including one that features test prep and a job aggregator. The library's four full-time librarians answer an extensive amount of research questions each year (18,400 in 2009), especially questions regarding health. The multimedia room, study rooms, children's room and computer lab are available for rental.
Director Patty Anderson says if you don't have a library card yet, you need to get one or you're missing out.
Other events here
- Clark Public Library - Basic Internet Class Weekly on Tuesdays, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Clark Public Library - Patches and Stitches Weekly on Tuesdays, 12:30 pm
- Clark Public Library - Baby Storytime Weekly on Thursdays, 9:45 am
- Clark Public Library - Intermediate Internet Class Weekly on Thursdays, 11:30 am–12:30 pm
- Clark Public Library- Family Storytime March 9, 2013 / April 6, 2013 / May 11, 2013 / June 1, 2013, 10:00 am–10:30 am
- Clark Public Library-Basic Microsoft Word January 14, 2013 / January 28, 2013 / February 4, 2013 / February 11, 2013 / May 13, 2013 / May 20, 2013 / June 3, 2013 / June 10, 2013 / June 17, 2013, 2:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Clark Public Library Board of Trustees Meeting January 8, 2013 / February 12, 2013 / March 12, 2013 / April 9, 2013 / May 14, 2013 / June 11, 2013 / July 9, 2013 / August 13, 2013 / September 10, 2013 / October 8, 2013 / November 12, 2013 / December 10, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Clark Public Library - Get Up and Go! March 15, 2013 / April 19, 2013 / May 24, 2013 / June 21, 2013, 10:00 am–10:30 am