Invite a friend
2012 Jonathan Dayton High School Advanced Art Classes, Springfield Public Library
The Springfield Public Library’s Donald B. Palmer Gallery is exhibiting the Sixth Annual Jonathan Dayton’s Advanced Art Student’s Show from February 21, 2012 through March 30, 2012. Regular exhibit hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 10 am to 8:30 pm; Tuesday, Friday and Saturday hours are from 10 am to 4:30 pm and Sunday is from 1 pm to 3:30 pm.
The exhibit will feature work done by Dayton’s Advanced Placement Studio Art students; the artwork from their AP portfolios is being showcased. These will be submitted to the College Board in May for college credit. Advanced artwork from Portfolio Honors classes, Open Studio, and Foundations of Studio Art will also be on display. “This is a celebration of our year’s work,” AP Art teacher Barbara Delikaris explains. “The wide range of media being exhibited will feature ceramics, pencil drawings, charcoal, painting and colored pencil work. The sophistication and skill in this work is impressive.”
There will be a reception hosted by the Dayton Chapter of the National Art Honor Society at the Palmer Museum on March 8th, from 6 pm until 8 pm. There will be homemade refreshments as well as music provided by JDHS string students under the direction of Mr. David Hilton. A National Art Honor Society Induction Ceremony for new members will be held from 6 pm - 6:45 pm. The Donald B. Palmer Museum is located in the Springfield Free Public Library, 66 Mountain Ave., Springfield. For information call (973) 376-4930.
More About Springfield Free Public Library
The Springfield Free Public Library offers reference books, fiction and non-fiction books, books on tape, magazines, periodicals, online resources, various adult and children's classes and more. The single floor library is broken down into the main library, a multi-purpose room, a video and music rental area, two small quiet rooms, a youth room and a small art museum.
While the library was established in 1931 by the Springfield parent-teacher association, the present-day building the library occupies was erected in 1969.
Other events here
- Chair Yoga with Pamela Nixon Weekly on Fridays, 12:30 pm–1:30 pm
- Storycraft at the Library Weekly on Fridays, 4:00 pm–4:30 pm
- Mother Goose Group at the Library May 3, 2013 / May 7, 2013 / May 11, 2013 / May 14, 2013 / May 21, 2013 / May 25, 2013 / May 29, 2013, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Lunchtime Film Series Tue, May 28, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Wii games at the library Weekly on Wednesdays, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Yoga Storytime May 10, 2013 / May 17, 2013 / May 31, 2013, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- 23-year-old Springfield Native To Talk About College Admissions at the Springfield Public Library Mon, Jun 10, 7:00 pm
- Renewed Church Monthly, 1:30 pm–4:00 pm
- New Traveling Exhibition Tells the Story of Abraham Lincoln’s Struggle to Meet the Constitutional Challenges of the Civil War Daily,
- Attic Treasures Sale June 28, 2013 / June 29, 2013, 10:00 am–5:00 pm