Welcome back, Patch Blogger!
Zumba for a Cause in Clark and a Hip Hop Showcase in Garwood
Five things you need to know today, Thursday, April 7.
About this column: "5 Things You Need to Know Today" is a daily look on the blips we think belong on every resident's radar. It runs weekdays.
- Tonight, the Clark Recreation Center hosts Zumba for a Cause to benefit Jason's Friends from 7 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. Jason Condit is the seven-year-old son of Clark Dairy Queen owners Bill and Lois Condit; he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in September and this is one of several fundraisers to help support the Condit family. Tickets are $15 per person or $40 for a family of four. Raffles begin at 6:30 p.m. when the doors open. Read more about Jason here.
- The Clark Planning Board meeting originally scheduled for tonight has been canceled. The next scheduled meeting will be on Thursday, May 5.
- Kumpf Middle School urges parents to attend the April PTA Meeting at 7:00 p.m. in the school library. Superintendent Kenneth Knops will be discussing the proposed district school budget for next year. Also on the PTA agenda are the 8th grade dance, field day and other activities planned for the balance of the school year.
- The Garwood Recreation Commission will hold a Ladies' Ceramics Class in Lincoln School from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. For more information or to register, call 908-418-7649.
- Start your weekend early. The Crossroads in Garwood hosts a Hip Hop Showcase tonight. Featured performers include Urbalist, Moe Mentum, Dirty Mac, A-Ron, Serious, Unknown, 8th & Wundahground. Come to the Crossroads for live music, beverages and satisfying American and Cajun cuisine.