Welcome back, Patch Blogger!
Prom Night For ALJ Students
Five things you need to know today, Friday, June 3.
- Be on the lookout today for glamorous ladies, handsome young men and shiny limos– it’s Prom Night for ALJ High School students. Parent paparazzi will line their own red carpets and snap away as teens depart for the Royal Manor in Garfield. All ALJ students will be dismissed from school at 12:05 pm today. Also in Clark, at Frank K. Hehnly and Valley Road Elementary Schools, students will celebrate the end of school with Field Day festivities today. Fun outdoor activities, challenges and events are planned for students in all grades.
- The Deutscher Club in Clark will hold its Authentic German Biergarten today from 5:30 to 11 p.m. The Norbert Ludewig Orchestra will entertain and German American food and beer will be available. At the Biergarten, the New Jersey BMW Car Club of America will feature new and antique BMW cars and motorcycles. Biergarten is open to everyone. No admission fee.
- Beginning this weekend and continuing through September, the Clark Public Library will be closed on Sundays. Sunday hours will begin again in October.
- Clark Little League baseball stars will spend the afternoon tomorrow, Saturday, June 4, at the Deutscher Club at the annual Clark Little League Picnic. Players and families are invited for food, fun, music, rides, prizes, trophy presentations and a tricky tray.
- Union County kicks off its popular, free summer music series tomorrow, Saturday, June 4, with “Rhythm and Blues by the Brook” at Cedar Brook Park in Plainfield. Nile Rodgers and CHIC will headline, following a day of other performers. Food vendors, a marketplace and free admission to an Auto Supershow, plus amusement rides and free kids activities round out the fun.