Clark Council's Monday Night Agenda
Clark Council will meet at 7:30 p.m. in council chambers above the police station.
Clark Council will meet for its second September meeting on Monday night at 7:30 p.m. in council chambers above the police station.
On Monday night's agenda (see a PDF of the full agenda in our gallery):
ORDINANCES, APPROPRIATIONS AND CLAIMS:
PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED ORDINANCES:
(No objections have been received in connection with the proposed Ordinances)
1. CAPITAL ORDINANCE OF THE TOWNSHIP OF CLARK, IN THE COUNTY OF UNION, NEW JERSEY AUTHORIZING THE ACQUISITION OF EQUIPMENT FOR THE FIRE DEPARTMENT, POLICE DEPARTMENT, DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS, AND THE VOLUNTEER FIRST AID SQUAD AND ANY ANCILLARY COSTS RELATED THERETO AND APPROPRIATING THE SUM OF $ 70,000 AND PROVIDING THAT SUCH SUM SO APPROPRIATED SHALL BE RAISED FROM CAPITAL SURPLUS OF THE TOWNSHIP OF CLARK
2. AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND CHAPTER 170, SECTION 170-4 OF THE CODE OF THE TOWNSHIP OF CLARK ENTITLED RETAIL FOOD ESTABLISHMENT LICENSING
3. Council as ABC Board: Approving the Person-to-Person Transfer of the Liquor License held by Steak & Ale to AGPC Management LLC
4. Approval to submit a grant application and execute a grant agreement with the New Jersey Department of Transportation for the 2013 NJDOT Municipal Aid Program
5. Authorizing the Chief Financial Officer to refund over payment of 3rd and 4th Quarter Taxes in the amount of $11,362.24
CONSENT AGENDA RESOLUTIONS:
6. Authorizing the Mayor to sign an agreement with the County of Union for Leaf Composting
7. Award of Contract for 2012 Capital Road Improvement Program; Featherbed Lane, Canterbury Drive and Jupitor Street to Top Line Construction Corp. in the amount of $608,741.36
8. Award of Contract for 2012 Capital Road Improvement Program; Hutchinson Street and Little League Parking Lot Improvement to Fischer Contracting in the amount of $93,176.48
9. Award of Contract for 2012 NJDOT Roadway Improvement Program; Liberty Street from Valley Road to Broadway to Top Line Construction Corp. in the amount of $307,781.76
10. Authorizing Release of Performance Guarantees for the 2011 NJDOT Roadway Improvement Program to Z. Brothers Concrete Contractors, Inc.
11. Renewing membership in the New Jersey Municipal Self Insurer’s Joint Insurance Fund and authorizing the Mayor or Business Administrator to execute the agreement
12. Appointing Amalgamated General Agencies of Westfield as the Township’s Risk Management Consultant and Authorizing the Mayor and/or the Business Administrator to execute an agreement for the year 2013
NEW BUSINESS ON THE CALENDAR:
Strongly disavowing the action purportedly to be undertaken by the RVSA which will join all industrial and commercial users within the Township of Clark to the DEP v Occidental lawsuit as fourth party defendants and demanding that the RVSA revisit this strategy